Halloween is a holiday celebrated each year on October 31. The tradition originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts. Americans borrowed this tradition and began to dress up in costumes and go house to house asking for money or food, a practice that eventually became today’s trick-or-treat tradition. Today, Halloween is widely celebrated in a large number of countries around the globe.
For models, it is a very special event, which allows you to attract tailored traffic and engage your fans.
- Special promotion of the category and shows on social media and xHamster.com.
- Unique spot on the platform main page under ‘specials’.
- Tailored traffic and better placement on the website.
- Another category is to be displayed beside your primary ones.
- Better exposure to an international audience.
- Excellent chance to stand out and host a special show.
- Perfect entertainment for both models and fans.
- Exclusive opportunity available for a limited time
The category: Models can apply to appear in a special category, which will be shown on the platfrom main page in 'specials'.
The dates of the event and the timing for applying for the special category will be announced each year in Model News.
How to apply to appear in the category?
1) You can find the Halloween category on the Broadcasting page → My Details → Stream Specifics.
2) Choose Halloween from the list of available categories.
3) Upload a sample video of at least 30 seconds to get verified. Please note that the sample should be with sound as well.
In this video, you need to perform how you’re going to perform in the actual Halloween show. Consider it a teaser for your upcoming show. Its purpose is to demonstrate that it matches the categories you’ve chosen. Also, your outfit should be a 100% match; pumpkin heads on the background alone will not be enough to make it through our moderation. We expect to see Halloween-themed costumes and props.
Important note: the video should be in one of the following formats: MP4, MOV, MPEG.
How do I choose to appear in the category after verification?
Once our Team makes sure your sample video and the categories you've chosen match, you'll be notified via PM.
Once approved, you will see the Halloween category approved on the Broadcasting Page → My Details → Stream Specifics.
It means that if you are now planning to go live featuring your Halloween show, you should select it in your Stream Specifics; hence your show will appear in the dedicated category in specials! You can choose the category whenever you want to appear there. You are free to decide if you are going to broadcast in a tailored outfit for the whole period or to have a break and host regular shows.
Halloween is one of those categories that require your public show performance to match them. Imagine that you're verified for this category and choose it in Stream Specifics before going online. In that case, Halloween needs to be reflected in your Tip Menu activities, topic. Some of its tailored items should appear in your show, either pumpkins, ghosts, and witchy stuff or any other tailored items you choose
Making your show tailored
- Halloween costumes and outfits: there are billions of available Halloween costumes, the same as ideas on making your own outfit by using clothes you already have. Below you will see some of our simple and creative ideas (images) on how you can dress up to match the category. It will help you to get a general understanding of our expectations. However, your character and your costumes entirely remain to your imagination.
- Props: there are dozens of items devoted to this celebration available in every country. Try searching through your local sites for tailored items by typing ‘Halloween props’ in your browser. Pumpkins on display and spider web decorations are a staple.
- Makeup: with just a little makeup (okay, maybe some face paint and fake blood) you can transform into a scary character. Or a cute one, depends on your predilection. And you don’t need to be a makeup artist to pull off a Halloween look; there are a lot of easy-to-do makeup ideas on the internet for makeup newbies to follow.
- DIY decorations: group together all your black decorative accessories such as vases, books, and candlesticks with a few festive yet frightening touches such as skulls, and you will get a scene out of a haunted mansion. Get creative to make it even more spooky. For example, “bleeding” candles are easy to create by dripping red wax from a lit red taper candle down the sides.